Finding a nanny:
1. We screen all candidates extensively, check references and interview them personally. This includes ensuring that they speak and understand English or Afrikaans well, and that they have at least one to two years of full-time experience with children under 2 years of age. You may also contact the references yourself if you so wish, as sometimes referees are more forthcoming to potential employers.
2. After you have registered with us, we will call you to discuss all your requirements. We will then arrange for you to interview 2-3 candidates, or more if needed, in your own home, at your convenience. We are happy to advise you on all aspects of the process, e.g. deciding what your needs are, interview questions, etc. We recommend that candidates travelling by public transport be reimbursed for their travelling expenses, usually R50.
3. We arrange for at least one week’s trial period to see how the candidate integrates with your family and how you relate to each other.
Placing the nanny:
1. Once both you and the nanny are happy, we will send you your invoice, to be paid immediately, and we set up a suitable time to do the contract.
2. Tania will come to your home to facilitate the signing of a contract between you and the employee:
Together with your new nanny, we will go through the contract, clause by clause, and discuss the employee’s hours, leave and various overtime rates.
The nanny will be given a little bit of financial advice regarding her bank accounts and how important it is to set up a savings account.
Tania will also provide you with the UIF forms and she will explain how to register.
She offers some alternative clothing options.
The employer is also given some ideas of what type of food to provide for the employee for breakfast and lunch.
Tania ends with a suggestion of a communication diary and gives ideas of how it can be used to benefit both employer and employee.
You are welcome to make any changes to the contract that you feel are necessary.
This meeting usually takes about an hour and a half and is held at the employer’s home.
We offer an ongoing mediation and support service, to both the employer and employee, to help maintain a positive working relationship. You or your nanny are welcome to call us if there is anything you cannot solve yourselves.
We guarantee that during the first three-months, should you or your nanny decide to terminate your employment relationship, for any reason, as per our terms and conditions, we will replace her once, free of charge.